The Pike Bombs are the ideal way to increase the level of
attraction around your deadbait. They work equally well on both running
water or stillwaters and can either be used with the frozen BaitBox bait
bombs, or with the supplied foam inserts injected with Winterised Fish
- Pike bombs should always be used with an uptrace to avoid the
risk of bite-offs should a pike pick up the feeder. Ensure that the
uptrace is at least six inches longer than the hook trace.
- Attach the Pike Bomb using a free-running large bore swivel
or ledger boom. Normally the more free-running the rig the less dropped
runs you will suffer. You can add as many or as few of the supplied 1/2
ounce weights to the inside of the feeder as required.
- Using a PikePro Oil & Air Syringe Kit with the large bore
needle fitted fill the syringe with your chosen Winterised Fish Oil.
- Inject the fish oil into the top of the sponge and allow it to permeate through the feeder.
- We recommend recasting at intervals to re-fill the Pike bomb with oil.
- At the end of the session remove the Pike Bomb and place it
in an air-tight container or plastic bag to stop it leaking on the rest
of your tackle.